- April 25, 2017
- Posted by: chioma
- Category: General, Healthy Living
1. In the 16th century, a teaspoon of sugar cost the equivalent of five dollars in London.
2. The tallest sugar cube tower measured 6 feet, 10 inches and was built by Camille Courgeon of France on July 1, 2013. The tower used 2,669 cubes and was built in 2 hours and 59 minutes.
3. Too much sugar can increase the overall risk for heart disease. In fact, sugar actually changes the muscle protein of the heart as well as the pumping mechanics of the heart.
4.Sugar addiction may be genetic. Studies show that those who had genetic changes in a hormone called ghrelin consume more sugar (and alcohol) than those who had no gene variation.
5. Sugar and alcohol have similar toxic liver effects. Additionally, liver damage can occur even without excess calories or weight gain.
6. Sugar is found in unlikely places, such as tonic water, marinades, crackers, bread, fat-free dressing, and tomato sauce.
7. Sugar is everywhere. It is the building blocks of carbohydrates, the most abundant type of organic molecules in living things. Researchers note that sugar is not necessarily a health problem, but the amount of sugar we consume is.
8. First factory to manufacture sugar was established by the British in 1866.
9. To make sugar, sulphur is used, which is used in making fire crackers.
10. Sulphur is an element that, once it enters the body, it cannot be excerted from our body.
11. Sugar increases cholesterol which is the main reason for heart attack.Sugar increases the weight of the body and thus we become fat.
12. Sugar increases Blood Pressure. It is also the reason for Brain damaging clots.
13. The sweetness in sugar is that of Sucrose, and this cannot be digested by human beings.
14. To make sugar, 23 harmful ingredients / chemicals are used.
15. Sugar is one of main reasons for getting diabetes.
16. Sugar is the reason for burning in stomach.
17. Sugar increases the level of Triglycerides in body.
18. Sugar is the main reason for causing Paralysis.
19. Instead of sugar use jaggery or natural honey